Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Something to think about

Easter is in just a few weeks, the event of Jesus raised from the dead after 3 days. The event came with Traditions. Many households share in family dinners, baskets filled with colorfully decorated eggs..... Wait. What does baskets full of eggs and a 6ft rabbit have to do with the Resurrection of Christ?
This isn't the first time I have ask this question. It still bewilders me to think who came up with this tradition?
My question is this. How important is the event in relationship to the tradition?
I would like you to ponder that thought, not just about Easter, but also the other traditions and events you and your family have.
Birthdays, Christmas, Forth of July, Thanksgiving, the list is endless. Just think for a minute and go deep inside your heart and soul ask your self the question.
I got a little teary eyed, and humble when I thought about the traditions that took over the events in my life. Maybe it's just me.
Gave me something to think about.

No comments: