Friday, April 30, 2010

Being a Somebody

What is the difference from a nobody to a somebody?
A somebody is a person whom is known by many people across the land. Usually one who is well respected by their accomplishments. There have been many others who are "somebodies'" by their not so good deeds. With that thought however I began to think about all the so called no body's' that I personally know. In my heart they are even more than a "somebody". Let me try to explain.
First and foremost all of Gods chosen ones are somebodies'. They are very well known by the saints and the angels appointed by God. You can not get any higher reconnection than that. If that isn't enough, the lives they touch along the way will forever make them "somebodies'" on the hearts of others.
This thought of mine was provoked by my desire to introduce my Camden (my 12 year old grandson)to Mr Ted Turner. Mr. Turner once owner of the Atlanta Braves baseball team. Camden was named after his stadium, also after the stadium Camden Yards.
Camden was a awesome baseball player from the time he was 5 years old and even younger. Until he was benched due to a tragic ATV accident. The accident nearly cost him his right leg. It has put him in a wheel chair bond then to a walker, and with the hand of God this journey will take him back to his feet to walk again. Of course this will be in Gods timing.
I have spent many hours with Camden, and by his own nature, is a quit kid, he has shared his heart with me. As much as any 12 year old boy would.
Here is the moment I'd like to share. We were leaving his Physical Therapy appointment when I had picked up a large post card advertisement on a home for sale. A 4 acre 4 bedroom ginormous home. I picked it up because the agent pictured was not wearing a hair style that was most becoming, and I as a hairstylist felt it my duty to help her out. As I shared my thought with Camden he was shocked, and could not believe he was hearing grandmother say she'd actually tell a stranger she'd look better with her help. I had to chuckle a bit, and explained what I was thinking. A random invitation for a updated picture. He looked at the post card and began to read it. At 12 he wasn't concerned about the agent at all.
"Is this one house?" He ask, yes isn't it huge I answered. As he spoke with such confidence and belief his answer back to me was. "When I'm playing for the Atlanta Braves I'm gonna buy me a house like this. It's really cool"
I couldn't help but know in my heart that this in fact would one day be true. One day in the journey of Camden Turner Ray, he will walk out onto the Turner Field with a Atlanta Braves uniform, and his rank on earth will have the same status as his rank with the saints as a "somebody".

I would like for you to ask yourself. Are you a somebody? What is your definition of a somebody?

No comments: